Monday, February 11, 2013

Sacrifice...a road to Becoming the Who you want to be.

In my faith Tradition, Lent is a 40 day journey towards a greater union with God.  It happens to be one of my favorite times of the year.  While the New Year brought some dreams for a "new me" and "new ways of living", Lent holds the promise of something deeper.  It offers to me an opportunity of penance and sacrifice for the purpose of drawing closer to the Heart of God.  I don't like "sacrifices"...and yet I do like to sacrifice.  Deciding to turning off the shower earlier than I want to, giving up coffee or chocolate, or giving up salty snacks are some of the sacrifices I always consider when Lent comes rolling around. 

Below is a Link to my son's Challenge for Lent.  I want to share it with you because it might bless you if you too are approaching this cyclicle event of reflecting on the Life of Christ. 




No comments: