Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Higher Plane of Living

Yes,  Faith is a Gift.

But Faith comes from hearing.  I think about Holy Hours (a Catholic term for going to Church when it is very quiet...no services going on...and sitting before the presence of God and bearing your soul to Him and listening in the quietness of your soul for the words that He so much wants to speak to us) ...and sometimes I don't like the idea of going, but when ever I go, I don't really want to leave.

There is a higher plane of living, but it is a Gift...and so often we choose the lower plane of living, which is still mostly a good place to be, but awfully lacking.   But that higher plane, that place of encountering God, hearing His Voice, seeing His face spiritually, there is something so beyond the normal, that how we ever choose the other, is beyond me...and yet I do that over and over. 
 
"To say that 'prayer changes things' is not as close to the truth as saying, Prayer changes me and then I change things.'  God has established things so that prayer, on the basis of redemption, changes the way a person looks at things.  Prayer is not a matter of changing things externally, but one of working miracles in a person's inner nature." (Oswald Chambers).    
 
Sharon

No comments: